Clackamas County Bicycle Tourism Studio
Clackamas County BTS Presentations
Travel Oregon and Clackamas County Tourism and Cultural Affairs joined forces to create the Clackamas County Bicycle Tourism Studio — a community-based planning program designed to elevate the region as a bicycle travel-friendly destination. The program was crafted to bolster awareness of the growing cycling tourism market, foster key connections with regional, state and national organizations, and focus community energy on the development of appropriate cycling infrastructure, business services and marketing activities. The communities of Canby, Estacada, Government Camp, Molalla, Oregon City, Sandy, Villages of Mt. Hood, West Linn and Wilsonville participated in this workshop.
Travel Oregon has designed a series of Bicycle Tourism Studios and workshops for the Oregon Scenic Bikeways and destinations seeking assistance in developing more bicycle tourism. These Studios are intended to help make our Scenic Bikeways the best places to ride in North America, to elevate surrounding areas as bicycle travel-friendly destinations, and to help local businesses benefit from visiting cyclists. The program is crafted to further planning efforts for each Scenic Bikeway, educate people about the growing cycling tourism market, foster key connections between local players and regional, state and national organizations, and focus community energy on the development of necessary infrastructure, business services and marketing activities.
Community Workshop Notes
- Bicycle Tourism Studio Kick-off Event | November 8, 2011 (no workshop notes, please see presentations)
- West Linn & Oregon City Bicycle Tourism Studio Workshop Notes | November 29, 2011
- Sandy Bicycle Tourism Studio Workshop Notes | December 7, 2011
- Estacada Bicycle Tourism Studio Workshop Notes| January 11, 2012
- Wilsonville Bicycle Tourism Studio Workshop Notes | February 9, 2012
- Villages of Mt. Hood & Government Camp Bicycle Tourism Studio Workshop Notes | February 15, 2012
- Molalla & Canby Bicycle Tourism Workshop Notes | February 16, 2012
- Regional Planning Workshop Wrap Up Notes | March 13, 2012
Additional Program Contacts
- West Linn: Zach Pelz, firstname.lastname@example.org, 503.723.2542
- Oregon City: Gail Yazzolino, email@example.com, 503.307.1773
- Sandy: Scott Lazenby, firstname.lastname@example.org, 503.668.6927
- Estacada: Phil Lingelbach, email@example.com, 503.971.2022
- Wilsonville: Jennifer Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 503.682.3314
- Villages of Mt. Hood: Betsy LaBarge, Betsy@mthoodrentals.com, 866.794.6813
- Government Camp: Diane Lokting, email@example.com, 503.309.0720
- Molalla: Ellen Barnes, firstname.lastname@example.org, 503.829.6855 and Hamlet of Molalla Prairie, email@example.com, 503.789.7179
- Canby: Angie Lehnert, firstname.lastname@example.org, 503.266.7001 ext. 262
Want more information about Clackamas County Bicycle Tourism Studio?
If you have additional questions or comments about Clackamas County Bicycle Tourism Studio, please contact the appropriate member of the Travel Oregon staff listed below.