Gorge Tourism Studio
Gorge Tourism Program Summary
Download a copy of the Columbia River Gorge Tourism Studio Program Summary.
The Gorge Tourism Studio, offered by Travel Oregon in partnership with 26 agencies and organizations, concluded in Spring 2016. The program focused on communities in Oregon and Washington within the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area and those surrounding Mt. Adams and Mt. Hood.
The Gorge Tourism Studio program was a series of tourism development workshops designed to assist communities interested in stimulating their local economies through sustainable tourism development, while protecting and enhancing local resources.
As a result of the program, Travel Oregon and the program organizers observed an increase in bi-state collaboration to shape the future of a growing tourism economy in the Columbia River Gorge.
Workshop Presentations & Notes:
20 Jan | Gorge Tourism Summit
3 Feb | Culinary & Agritourism Workshop
24 Feb | Cultural Heritage Tourism Workshop
16 Mar | Adventure Travel & Outdoor Recreation Workshop
5 Apr | Tourism Marketing & Communications
6 Apr | Igniting Tourism Action Teams
Program Research & Reports:
- Columbia River Gorge Tourism Studio Program Summary, Travel Oregon – 2017
- Gorge Tourism Studio Stakeholder Survey, Travel Oregon and Future iQ Partners – 2015
- Gorge Baseline Assessment , Write to Know Consulting – 2016
- Columbia River Gorge Visitor Opportunities Study – ECONorthwest and Travel Oregon – 2016
Related Research & Reports:
- Recreation Report and Recommended Interim Strategies, Columbia River Gorge Interagency Recreation Team – 2014
- Strategic Business Plan with Capital Improvements Plan, Port of Cascade Locks – 2013
- Connect Cascade Locks, A Trails Plan for Economic Development – 2012
- National Scenic Area Management Plan, Columbia River Gorge Commission – 2004-2011
- Envisioning Our Future Report, Columbia Gorge Future Forum – 2008
- Ready, Set, Gorge!, Key Messaging Toolkit – 2016
Gorge Tourism Studio In Oregon
The Columbia River Gorge hosts more than 2 million visitors a year, according to the U.S. Forest Service. Visitation often…
Want more information about Gorge Tourism Studio?
If you have additional questions or comments about Gorge Tourism Studio, please contact the appropriate member of the Travel Oregon staff listed below.