Bike Friendly Business Program
Become a Bike Friendly Business and Enhance your Marketing Exposure to Bicyclists
What is the Bike Friendly Program
Oregon loves bicyclists. That’s why we’re the first state in the nation to create a Bike Friendly Business program geared toward travelers. It serves as a recognition and training program aimed to:
- Help businesses understand the importance of Oregon’s growing bike tourism industry
- Provide tips and tools for how businesses can be Bike Friendly
- Highlight businesses who commit to enhancing the Oregon biking experience for visitors and Oregonians
Why Your Business Should Participate
- Bicycle-related tourism contributes $400 million to Oregon’s economy – approximately $1.1 million per day. By becoming Bike Friendly, your business will be primed to tap into this growing segment of our economy.
- This free program will give tourism-related businesses special recognition through Travel Oregon’s marketing channels including RideOregonRide.com, Oregon’s premier website promoting bicycle travel that receives 200,000 visitors annually and TravelOregon.com, Oregon’s official travel website that attracts two million visitors annually.
- All participating businesses will receive a welcome packet with a Bike Friendly toolkit, stickers, window clings and the option to purchase a customized Bike Friendly sign.
Who can participate
All Oregon businesses are welcome to participate in the Bike Friendly Business program.
How to Get Recognized as Bike Friendly
Businesses need to follow these four simple steps:
- Step 1: Know the program requirements and recommendations.
Depending on the services or amenities your business provides, there may be requirements that we request you adhere to. We also list recommendations that are helpful for any business looking to maximize their bike-friendliness.
- Step 2: Get inspired and informed! Watch the 3-part video/tutorial series.
Please watch all three videos in full before completing Step 3. You will be tested on them in the application.
- Step 3: Submit your application.
- Step 4: Obtain your Bike Friendly sign and take advantage of your welcome packet materials.
Once your business is officially recognized, Travel Oregon will send you a welcome packet including a Bike Friendly toolkit, stickers, window clings and the private website link where you can purchase your customized Bike Friendly sign. While purchasing the sign is optional, we highly encourage you to invest in one to maximize your reach to cyclists.
Bike Friendly Business Program In Oregon
In order to participate in the Bike Friendly Business program, we ask that you adhere to our program requirements and…
Now that you’ve read over and pledged to follow the Requirements and Recommendations to being Bike Friendly, please take 22…
Thank you for your commitment to being Bike Friendly! Please allow 10-20 minutes to complete the online Bike Friendly Business…
Once your business has been officially recognized Bike Friendly by Travel Oregon, you will have the option to purchase a…
Welcome to the Bike Friendly Business Toolkit and Media Room. If you are looking for media coverage, information to help…
Want more information about Bike Friendly Business Program?
If you have additional questions or comments about Bike Friendly Business Program, please contact the appropriate member of the Travel Oregon staff listed below.