Bike Friendly Business Program
Become a Bike Friendly Business and Enhance your Marketing Exposure to Bicyclists
What is the Bike Friendly Program
Oregon loves bicyclists. That’s why we’re the first state in the nation to create a Bike Friendly Business program geared toward travelers. It serves as a recognition and training program aimed to:
- Help tourism-related businesses understand the importance of Oregon’s growing bicycle tourism industry
- Provide tips and tools for how businesses can be Bike Friendly
- Highlight businesses who commit to enhancing the Oregon biking experience for visitors and Oregonians
Why Your Business Should Participate
- Bicycle travelers in Oregon spend $400 million annually – approximately $1.1 million per day. By becoming Bike Friendly, your business will be primed to tap into this growing segment of our economy.
- This free program will give tourism-focused businesses, which fall in line with Travel Oregon’s Business Listing Guidelines, special recognition through Travel Oregon’s marketing channels including RideOregonRide.com, TravelOregon.com, and the official state Visitor Guide, which is produced each year.
- All businesses receive a welcome packet with a Bike Friendly toolkit, stickers, window clings and the option to purchase a customized Bike Friendly sign.
Who can participate
Tourism-related businesses that have a physical location in Oregon, which are open to the general public and have hours of operation posted at the location and/or online. Tourism-related businesses shall fall in line with Travel Oregon’s Business Listing Guidelines in order to receive listings on Travel Oregon’s digital and print platforms.
How to Get Recognized as Bike Friendly
Businesses need to follow these four simple steps:
- Step 1: Know the program requirements and recommendations. Depending on the services or amenities your business provides, there may be requirements that we request you adhere to. We also list recommendations that are helpful for any business looking to maximize their bike-friendliness.
- Step 2: Get inspired and informed! Watch the 3-part video/tutorial series. Please watch all three videos in full before completing Step 3. You will be tested on them in the application.
- Step 3: Submit your application.
- Step 4: Obtain your Bike Friendly sign and take advantage of your welcome packet materials.
Bike Friendly Business Program In Oregon
In order to participate in the Bike Friendly Business program, we ask that you adhere to our program requirements and…
Now that you’ve read over and pledged to follow the Requirements and Recommendations to being Bike Friendly, please take 22…
Thank you for your commitment to being Bike Friendly! Please allow 15-20 minutes to complete the online Bike Friendly Business…
Once your business has been officially recognized Bike Friendly by Travel Oregon, you will have the option to purchase a…
Welcome to the Bike Friendly Business Toolkit and Media Room. If you are looking for media coverage, information to help…
We have gathered a list of frequently asked questions for the Bike Friendly Business program. If you have a question…
Want more information about Bike Friendly Business Program?
If you have additional questions or comments about Bike Friendly Business Program, please contact the appropriate member of the Travel Oregon staff listed below.