Oregon Scenic Bikeways Promotions
Oregon Scenic Bikeways Marketing Toolkit
The toolkit contains videos, images, logos and more to help promote each of the Scenic Bikeway routes.
Travel Oregon is the marketing engine behind the Oregon Scenic Bikeways program, providing support to the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department (OPRD) and Bikeway proponents through the efforts listed below:
- Sharing detailed Bikeway route information on Travel Oregon’s premier website promoting bike travel opportunities, RideOregonRide.com. This website contains Bikeway route descriptions, services along the routes including lodging, food, emergency services, bike shops and attractions, as well as detailed maps and elevation charts, videos, photos and more.
- Development, printing and distribution of the Oregon Scenic Bikeways guide in partnership with OPRD. Visit our free travel guides page to order yours.
- Promotion of the Bikeways in our monthly eNewsletters to consumers interested in outdoor recreation. Sign up for the Outdoors eNewsletter here.
- PR services that have resulted in media coverage (listed below) in industry publications from BikePortland.org to Sustainable Business Oregon and in consumer publications from Northwest Travel Magazine to the Outside Magazine.
Oregon Scenic Bikeways in the Media
- OregonLive | Painted Hills Scenic Bikeway approved, a 160-mile tour of the colorful Oregon wonder | Feb. 2016
- Source Weekly | A Ride Through Time, New bikeway proposed in the Painted Hills | Nov. 2015
- Adventure Cycling Association | Willamette Valley Scenic Bikeway in Oregon | Nov. 2015
- Statesman Journal | Federal grant boosts Detroit’s scenic bikeway | Nov. 2015
- Corvallis Gazette-Times | As I See It: Mid-valley works to foster bicycle tourism | Aug. 2015
- OregonLive | Cyclists to pedal through Detroit and Estacada during inaugural Cascading Rivers Scenic Bikeway ride | Aug. 2015
- The Bulletin | State panel tests proposed Crook County bikeway | Jul. 2015
- OPB | Oregon Scenic Bikeways Contribute $12.4 Million In Economic Activity | Jul. 2015
- The Bulletin | Crooked River road may become scenic bikeway | Mar. 2015
- Statesman Journal | Madras Mountain Views bikeway brings sunshine into winter| Jan. 2015
- Mail Tribune | Going Greensprings | Jan. 2015
- Statesman Journal | Oregon Top 5: Best winter and spring rides | Jan. 2015
- Adventure Cycling Association Bike Bits | Oregon Scenic Bikeway Survey Closes New Year’s Day | Dec. 2014
- Statesman Journal | Enjoy Oregon’s scenic bikeways? Take a survey | Dec. 2014
- PortlandTribune | State and tourism group seek bicyclists’ input to improve Oregon Scenic Bikeways | Dec. 2014
- Albany Democrat-Herald | Sweet Home council supports scenic bikeway proposal | Sept. 2014
- Biking Bis | How to tell Oregon what you think of Scenic Bikeways | Jul. 2014
- Salem News | Oregon State Parks Approves New 70 Mile Scenic Bikeway | Jul. 2014
- Portland Monthly Mag | Slide Show: An Epic Oregon Bike Ride | Jul. 2014
- News Times | Scenic bikeway draws visitors | Jul. 2014
- 1859 Magazine | Blazing Saddles: Pedaling Oregon’s longest Scenic Bikeway from John Day | Jun. 2014
- Statesman Journal | Detroit, Estacada bikeway named one of state’s best | Jun. 2014
- Adventure Cyclist | Oregon Sets the Bar High for Cyclists | Dec. 2013
- Adventure Cyclist | Cycling the Old West Scenic Bikeway | May 2013
- MYNorthwest.com | Scenic Bikeway Showcases Central Oregon Sights | Oct. 2013
- KBOO Radio | Bike Show: Oregon Scenic Bikeways | Jul. 2013
- Momentum Mag | Defining Bicycle Tourism’s Impact | May 2013
Want more information about Oregon Scenic Bikeways Promotions?
If you have additional questions or comments about Oregon Scenic Bikeways Promotions, please contact the appropriate member of the Travel Oregon staff listed below.