Due to the volume of lodging properties in Oregon, we partner with the Oregon Restaurant & Lodging Association (ORLA) to power and maintain our lodging listings.
1.) Who qualifies for a listing?
Any transient lodging property in Oregon that pays Oregon’s statewide 1.8% lodging tax is eligible* for a free basic listing in the guide and the online directory.
* Please note we handle vacation rental management companies a bit differently.
2.) What is included in a basic listing?
- Property name
- Number of units/spaces
- Property type (hotel/motel, B&B, vacation rental, RV park, etc.)
- Location address
- Primary phone
- Toll-free phone
- Website URL
- Company email
- Amenities (up to 15)
3.) How do I get my property listed on TravelOregon.com and in the Travel Oregon Official Visitor Guide?
For new properties or properties that are currently not listed on TravelOregon.com, you’ll need to fill out and submit the Basic Listing Form online (budurl.com/BasicListing) or you may return the form by:
MAIL: Oregon Restaurant & Lodging Association
8565 SW Salish Lane, Ste. 120
Wilsonville, OR 97070
4.) What if my property isn’t listed on TravelOregon.com and/or was missing from the printed guide?
You will need to submit at Basic Listing Form to ORLA. Whether you have a new property or just haven’t been listed before, all you need to do is complete the form to get a listing.
5.) Do I really have to update my listing every year?
Yes. This ensures we have accurate information on your property. In an effort to maintain the most comprehensive listing of lodging properties in the state, ORLA conducts outreach to all lodging properties in Oregon each fall. Outreach includes direct mail as well as email campaigns to remind property owners to update their information.
6.) What happens if I don’t update?
If you miss the outreach deadline, your lodging property will not be included in the printed guide and will be removed from TravelOregon.com. However, we strongly encourage you to update, regardless of what time of year it is, to ensure your property is listed on TravelOregon.com.
7.) How do I update my listing?
It depends on the timing. If you are updating during fall outreach, you’ll want to follow these steps:
- Go to www.OregonRLA.org/LodgingListings
- Click on the image that represents your property type
- Log in by entering your unique Username and Password mailed to you by ORLA
- Review and/or update your information by clicking on the pencil icon. Click “Save & Close” when finished. Then hit “Click to Finish” to submit.
- You will receive a confirmation email (sent to the primary contact’s email address).
If you missed the deadline to get in the print guide, you’ll want to update one of the following ways:
- If you are an existing lodging property (e.g. you need to make a change to an existing listing), please contact Jennifer Starr (jstarr@OregonRLA.org).
- If you have a new lodging property or are unsure, please fill out and the Basic Listing Form. You can do this online (budurl.com/BasicListing), via fax or by mail.
8.) When does annual outreach happen?
Typically it begins in October and wraps up by the end of November.
9.) Why doesn’t my listing have a description or photo on TravelOregon.com?
While every lodging property in Oregon qualifies for a free basic listing online and in print, expanded listings online (e.g. a listing that has a photo and/or description) are considered displayed ads and cost $735 (same as in the print guide). However, members of ORLA receive this benefit at no extra charge.
10.) What if I am not an ORLA member but would like to purchase an expanded listing?
Properties that are not members of ORLA may purchase an expanded listing for an annual fee of $735. Many properties choose to sign up for an ORLA membership as that is usually more economical.
11.) How do I become a member of ORLA?
To learn more about ORLA and the benefits of membership, please visit: http://www.oregonrla.org/ORLA/Membership
12.) How do I get a photo and description added to the Travel Oregon Official Visitor Guide? Properties looking to strengthen their impact to visitors can purchase an expanded listing (considered display advertising) in the printed guide. Advertisers benefit from statewide distribution and multi-market coverage with 300,000 copies printed and distributed all year around.
- Important Note: This display ad is not included with ORLA membership. To learn more about this opportunity, check out http://traveloregon.com/pdf/advertise-with-traveloregon.pdf or contact Terra Moreland (firstname.lastname@example.org // 503-445-8830) to get started.
13.) What do you mean you handle vacation rental management companies different?
Due to the sheer volume and transitory nature of vacation rentals, we only allow a limited number of listings for vacation rental management companies, to be determined on a case-by-case basis. Individual rental properties that are not part of a management company may request an individual listing.
14.) What if I still have questions?
Please reach out to Jennifer Starr, Membership Database Coordinator JStarr@OregonRLA.org or call 800.462.0619.
Want more information about Lodging FAQ?
If you have additional questions or comments about Lodging FAQ, please contact the appropriate member of the Travel Oregon staff listed below.