This toolkit is designed as a resource to help agritourism business owners establish a strong marketing effort after ensuring business fundamentals are in place.
- Secure the permits & licenses required for your business
- Review your insurance needs
- Evaluate the capital & human resource investment requirements to successfully operate your venture
If you need help accomplishing the business basics, learn more in the Oregon Agri-Business Council Workbook
- Create an abbreviated way to describe your business (aka elevator pitch)
- Research and analyze the potential market for your product and services
- Identify a target audience
- Set marketing and financial goals to focus & evaluate your efforts
- Create a marketing budget
- Create a checklist summarizing the tasks necessary to put your plan into action
Tips for Successful Marketing
Review a presentation that covers some of the following here.
- Learn more about tourism marketing in Oregon
- Example Press Release
- How to Craft Your Message
- Photography Tips
- Providing Quality Customer Service
- Signage Best Practices
- Example Event Timeline
Want more information about Agritourism Toolkit?
If you have additional questions or comments about Agritourism Toolkit, please contact the appropriate member of the Travel Oregon staff listed below.