Winter Campaign Toolkit
Through our conversations with the Regional Destination Marketing Organizations, as well as our tourism town hall discussions around the state, Travel Oregon understands there is an industry-wide need to increase marketing efforts in winter to boost shoulder season visitation.
In response to this, we will begin a winter marketing campaign in mid-October based on the strategy that Oregon’s cool climate doesn’t take away from the beauty and experiences our winters offer visitors. This winter, we’ll celebrate the unexpected opportunity in all of our weather elements, with the honesty and understated cool that Oregon is known for.
- Promote the range of Oregon’s winter offerings and position the state as a unique winter destination with a broad range of experiences to be explored
- Drive awareness of the immediate winter activities and places explorers can experience
The Winter campaign will roll out in two phases:
Social Media & Content
To build on the broad inspiration message, we’ll introduce our audience to winter in Oregon in more detail via feature stories on TravelOregon.com and “premium content” pieces to drive interest on our social channels.
During this phase, video view ads to target markets on Facebook and Twitter will support the broad campaign message.
Web-click and video view ads on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram will direct traffic to winter articles on TravelOregon.com and to the Weather Compass site, while premium content pieces will drive interest and engagement as well as provide an additional opportunity to invite fans to explore more via the Weather Compass.
What YOU can do:
- View the Winter 2016-2017 media plan to see where you can leverage Travel Oregon’s media placement as you build out your own advertising plans
- Review the social media and content plan (reach out to Mark@TravelOregon.com for assets to share on your social channels)
- Take a look at the Winter 2016-2017 PR plan to see where your region may fit in the media spotlight
- Share the 15-second television spots across your marketing channels (learn how to embed videos)
- Get ideas! See how communities around Oregon are promoting this camapaign
- Check out potential assets/images and see how they’re being used in the Winter style guide
Want more information about Winter Campaign Toolkit?
If you have additional questions or comments about Winter Campaign Toolkit, please contact the appropriate member of the Travel Oregon staff listed below.