Oregon Governor’s Conference on Tourism
The Oregon Governor’s Conference on Tourism is the state’s premier gathering for tourism professionals.
Each spring, Oregon’s travel and tourism industry comes together at the Oregon Governor’s Conference on Tourism. We gather to educate, share and develop new ways to create the best Oregon experience possible for our visitors and the industry itself. We look forward to seeing you April 27-29, 2014 at Sunriver Resort for this year’s conference. Registration is available through April 22.
Among the opportunities
- KEYNOTE PRESENTERS of national and regional stature, on topics of Oregon interest, including exciting developments in technology and tourism to grow your business
- WORKSHOPS encompassing a variety of presentation modes, including interactive participation where you will be able to learn and share success stories of creativity and innovation with colleagues
- SHIRT-SLEEVE SESSIONS putting you “at the table” with a topic expert and others interested in the same subject
- NETWORKING opportunities to meet old industry friends and make new contacts for yourself, your business, community and region from among 400+ industry professionals in attendance
- KEY TOURISM BUSINESS SUPPLIERS available to you with the latest products, services and ideas to consider
- SOCIAL & CULINARY EVENTS that create smiles and gastronomic satisfaction, leaving you with some great conference memories (to go with all that you have learned)
- ANNUAL INDUSTRY AWARDS EVENT kicking off the conference
- PRE- AND POST-CONFERENCE EVENTS, including related industry meetings, local tours and events
Who attends the Oregon Governor’s Conference on Tourism?
In Oregon, we take a broad view of our travel and tourism industry, so it includes those with direct and indirect contact with visitors. Here are examples of the kinds of people who find the conference valuable:
- Winery owners and event managers
- National, state and local park managers
- Campground and RV managers
- Hoteliers, concierges and sales staff
- Government and civic representatives at all levels
- Transportation officials and advocates
- Convention and visitor bureau staff
- Visitor attraction sales staff
- Tour operators and guides
- Visitor industry suppliers
- Students interested in tourism careers
- Publishers of visitor-related information
- Visitor information center staff
- Meeting and conference venue staff
- Travel writers and media
Why you should attend
Some benefits are intangible. Others are nuggets of information uniquely suited to your business. Other “take-away” benefits include:
- Access to Oregon’s key travel and tourism industry players, an unparalleled resource for individuals new to the industry or to the state, or those who want to become more involved at a local, regional, state or national level
- Opportunities to meet your regional peers. There is an organized system to industry communication and opportunities through the seven Regional Destination Marketing Organizations (RDMOs): Oregon Coast, Greater Portland, Mt. Hood/Columbia River Gorge, Willamette Valley, Southern Oregon, Central Oregon and Eastern Oregon.
- Access to a full range of industry suppliers and vendors that choose to participate in the Oregon Governor’s Conference on Tourism
- Professional development is yours for the taking at this conference. Find a mentor or become one. Meet partners who can further your career aspirations, discover steps on the “career ladder” in new places, learn of open positions and add to your skills inventory and resume.
- A complete directory of conference attendees, exhibitors and suppliers, including: Oregon Tourism Commissioners, Travel Oregon staff, all registrants, Oregon’s seven RDMO representatives, Local Destination Marketing Organizations, state and local economic development contacts and additional tourism industry organization contacts and entities.
- Giveaways, door prizes and surprises! Pick up your goodie bag at the registration desk. More awaits you from sponsors, exhibitors and organizations, including the completely unexpected. (After all, we’re in the hospitality business.)
Are you excited yet? If so, head on over to the Registration page for details on how to register for the 2014 conference.
Want more information about Oregon Governor’s Conference on Tourism?
If you have additional questions or comments about Oregon Governor’s Conference on Tourism, please contact the appropriate member of the Travel Oregon staff listed below.