2019-2021 Strategic Planning
Travel Oregon produces a biennial strategic plan every other year that guides their work with key initiatives and measurements—aligning staff, programs and investments around clear strategies. As Travel Oregon builds the upcoming 2019-2021 strategic plan, they’re working to ensure Oregon’s tourism industry and partner organizations and agencies have ample opportunities to participate and engage in the planning process. Travel Oregon is also working in partnership with Oregon’s seven Regional Destination Management Organizations (RDMOs) to foster deeper alignment and coordination with the Regional Cooperative Tourism Program (RCTP) planning process.
Travel Oregon’s 2019-21 Strategic Planning Timeline
- April – May 2018 – Oregon Tourism Listening Sessions
To kick off the 2019-2021 strategic planning process, Travel Oregon in partnership with Oregon’s seven Regional Destination Management Organizations (RDMOs), hosted 10 Oregon Tourism Listening Sessions. Anyone who touches the tourism industry, including business owners, land managers, volunteers, nonprofits, policymakers and more, was invited to attend. Stakeholders input was gathered on a host of topics ranging from tourism challenges to asset opportunities.
Listening session findings will help shape the future of tourism in Oregon through Travel Oregon’s statewide strategic plan, as well as each of the 7 RDMOs’ regional tourism plans. Regional session summaries can be found within their respective pages.
- Sept. – Oct. 2018 – Tourism Stakeholder Survey open
- Late March 2019 – Draft Plan public comment period opens
- April 14, 2019 – Draft Plan presentation to Oregon Tourism Commission; Public testimony on Plan
- May 1, 2019 – Draft Plan comment period closes
- Early June 2019 – Commission to adopt final 2019-2021 Strategic Plan
- July 1, 2019 – Strategic Plan in effect
Want more information about 2019-2021 Strategic Planning?
If you have additional questions or comments about 2019-2021 Strategic Planning, please contact the appropriate member of the Travel Oregon staff listed below.