2019-2021 Strategic Plan
Travel Oregon produces a biennial strategic plan every other year that guides their work with key initiatives and measurements—aligning staff, programs and investments around clear strategies. The 2019-2021 Draft Strategic Plan was developed with extensive input from Oregon’s travel and tourism industry, community leaders and others through an industry-wide engagement survey and a series of 10 Oregon Tourism Listening Sessions held across the state, and by incorporating the latest industry research and data. Travel Oregon also worked closely in partnership with Oregon’s seven Regional Destination Management Organizations (RDMOs) to foster deeper alignment and coordination with the Regional Cooperative Tourism Program (RCTP) planning process.
Draft Strategic Plan Open for Comment
Travel Oregon’s 2019-2021 Draft Strategic Plan is now available for review and comment. This plan is relevant to everyone even tangentially engaged in the travel and tourism industry, and we welcome your feedback. Comments can be made:
- Online by joining this focus group. Please note, when making comments online you have the option of choosing ‘private,’ which prevents your name from being visible in these online comments, however all comments on the plan will be made public and available to the Oregon Tourism Commission when the comment period closes.
- You may also mail written comments to Travel Oregon, ATTN: Comments on 2019-2021 Plan, 530 Church Street NE, Suite 200, Salem, OR 97301.
- Opportunity for public testimony is also available during the public hearing on this plan that will be held in conjunction with the Sunday, April 14, 2019 Oregon Tourism Commission meeting in Eugene.
To adequately review and consider your recommendations, all comments must be submitted online or received by mail by 5 p.m. on Monday, May 1, 2019.
After reviewing all public comments, the strategic plan will be considered and adopted by the Oregon Tourism Commission at the June 11, 2019 meeting in Joseph.
2019-2021 Strategic Plan Timeline
- April – May 2018 – To kick off the 2019-2021 strategic planning process, Travel Oregon in partnership with Oregon’s seven Regional Destination Management Organizations (RDMOs), hosted 10 Oregon Tourism Listening Sessions in communities across the state. The statewide sessions’ summary can be found here, and the regional session summaries can be found within their respective pages.
- Sept. – Oct. 2018 – Travel Oregon hosted a Tourism Stakeholder Engagement Survey in fall 2018, so that any stakeholders involved in/impacted by tourism had the opportunity to participate and engage in the 2019-2021 strategic planning process. Engagement Survey results found here.
- March 28, 2019 – Draft plan open online for public comment
- April 14, 2019 – Draft plan presentation to Oregon Tourism Commission; public testimony on plan.
- May 1, 2019 – Draft plan comment period closes
- June 11, 2019 – Commission to consider and adopt final 2019-2021 strategic plan
- July 1, 2019 – Strategic plan in effect
Comment Online on Travel Oregon’s 2019-2021 Draft Strategic Plan
We welcome online public comment through May 1, 2019. To make comments online to any or all of the various sections of the draft plan, please join the focus group.
Want more information about 2019-2021 Strategic Plan?
If you have additional questions or comments about 2019-2021 Strategic Plan, please contact the appropriate member of the Travel Oregon staff listed below.