The 2019-2021 Strategic Plan was developed with extensive input from Oregon’s travel and tourism industry, community leaders and others through an industry-wide engagement survey and a series of 10 Oregon Tourism Listening Sessions held across the state, and by incorporating the latest industry research and data. Travel Oregon also worked closely in partnership with Oregon’s seven Regional Destination Management Organizations (RDMOs) to foster deeper alignment and coordination with the Regional Cooperative Tourism Program (RCTP) planning process.
READ THE PLAN.
2019-2021 Strategic Plan Process & Timeline
- April – May 2018 – To kick off the 2019-2021 strategic planning process, Travel Oregon in partnership with Oregon’s seven Regional Destination Management Organizations (RDMOs), hosted 10 Oregon Tourism Listening Sessions in communities across the state. The statewide sessions’ summary can be found here, and the regional session summaries can be found within their respective pages.
- Sept. – Oct. 2018 – Travel Oregon hosted a Tourism Stakeholder Engagement Survey in fall 2018, so that any stakeholders involved in/impacted by tourism had the opportunity to participate and engage in the 2019-2021 strategic planning process. Engagement Survey results found here.
- March 28, 2019 – Draft plan opened online for public comment
- April 14, 2019 – Draft plan presentation to Oregon Tourism Commission; public testimony on plan
- May 1, 2019 – Draft plan comment period closed
- June 11, 2019 – Commission considered and adopted final 2019-2021 strategic plan
- July 1, 2019 – Strategic plan in effect