2021-2023 Strategic Plan
Travel Oregon's 2021-2023 Strategic Plan and Budget has been adopted.
2021-2023 STRATEGIC PLAN, BUDGET PROCESS & TIMELINE
- Oct. 5-30, 2020 – To kick off the 2021-2023 strategic planning process, Travel Oregon in partnership with Oregon’s seven Regional Destination Management Organizations (RDMOs), launched an Oregon Tourism Industry Stakeholder Survey in fall 2020, so that any stakeholders involved in/impacted by tourism had the opportunity to participate and engage in the 2021-2023 strategic planning process. Survey results found here.
- Mar. 15-31, 2021 – Building off the findings in the Survey and to reconfirm the priorities and needs of the Oregon tourism industry, Travel Oregon, in partnership with the RDMOs, hosted 6 virtual Oregon Tourism Engagement Sessions. The information collected from participants during these sessions helped inform strategies, tactics and key programmatic and funding decisions for Travel Oregon’s strategic plan as well as the RDMO strategic plans. Session results found here.
- Apr. 26, 2021 – Draft plan & budget was posted and opportunity for public comment opened.
- May 11, 2021 – Draft plan & budget presentation to Oregon Tourism Commission; public testimony on plan & budget. Find meeting details here.
- May 18, 2021 – Draft plan & budget comment period closed.
- Jun. 15, 2021 – Commission considered and adopted final 2021-2023 strategic plan & budget. Find meeting details here.
- Jul. 1, 2021 – 2021-2023 Strategic plan & budget is in effect.