The 2022 Summit will take place Thursday-Saturday, Oct. 27-29 at Mt. Hood Oregon Resort and surrounding areas on the west side of Mt. Hood, Wy’East, traditional lands of the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs, and other indigenous bands.
The 2022 summit will bring together Oregon’s outdoor community to learn, build relationships, and find solutions to the challenges we face in developing and elevating outdoor recreation opportunities to best serve Oregon communities and celebrate and protect our natural, cultural, and historic wonders. The Summit seeks to accelerate efforts to:
- Connect Oregonians of all backgrounds and abilities to the outdoors and increase health equity.
- Aid in recovery of Oregon communities through outdoor recreation partnerships.
- Address the impacts of climate change on outdoor recreation and build climate resilience.
- Build a culture of environmental and cultural stewardship and healthy recreation.
- Provide an off-street network of trails for recreating and traveling within and between Oregon communities.
- Attract a wide range of visitors that contribute to Oregon’s urban and rural economies.
- Support sustainable entrepreneurship and a thriving outdoor recreation economy that reduces economic disparities.