How can you participate?
- Purchase your ticket for $6.50 online here.
- Share with your networks through your social channels.
- Share a photo of your evening at home, using the hashtag #TakeOutandAMovie and #HospitalityHelpFund
Referral and promotion:
- If you know of a restaurant in your region who is doing philanthropic work they may be eligible to apply for funding . Refer them to: https://www.oregonrla.org/takeoutapp.html.
- Let other operating restaurants that they can benefit too. We seek to build statewide momentum with this campaign by driving business to local restaurants who are offering takeout/delivery. In turn, we are asking them to promote the event to their own local customers. In conjunction, soon, operating restaurants will be able to a get a free listing on a new searchable statewide map that will be a great tool both locally, and as travel resumes.
- You can provide key support by sharing with your professional and personal networks. We also hope that everyone will buy a ticket and/or donate to the Hospitality Help Fund! (All direct donations to the foundation may be tax deductible via our 501c3 nonprofit foundation status, please consult a tax advisor.)
About the Movie
The Lundgrens’ movie is about two friends, a graphic novelist and a chef, who defy a midlife haze by seizing an unlikely opportunity to reinvent their lives by quitting their jobs to restore an old bowling alley and serve the “world’s greatest pizza.” For foodies and those who just enjoy dining out, Jesse Borrego’s portrayal of chef character Carlos poignantly illustrates the passion that chefs have for food and their desire to create community around the table. For all of us needing a boost during this uncertain time, the story of how the two find the courage and resilience to take new risks and keep their dreams alive is inspiring, as well as humorous. The timing of the film’s release is uncanny as an analogy to the phrase “like rising like a Phoenix from the ashes”.
The film stars an impressive lineup of indie film stalwarts and comedy favorites including James Le Gros (DRUGSTORE COWBOY, LIVING. IN OBLIVION), Lisa Edelstein (“House”), Jesse Borrego (“Fame,” BLOOD IN BLOOD OUT), Reynaldo Gallegos (AMERICAN SNIPER), Diedrich Bader (NAPOLEON DYNAMITE, OFFICE SPACEN, “Veep”), and Kevin Corrigan (THE DEPARTED, PINEAPPLE EXPRESS, TRUE ROMANCE).
For more about the movie, including a trailer, go to https://phoenixoregonmovie.com/takeout