Now is the time to rebuild our places of work while actively engaging with racial equity.
The Alliance is very excited to partner with locally-based DEI educator Jeff Selby to offer a virtual workshop for Oregon’s restaurant owners and workers to engage in creating a racially equitable hospitality culture.
Through participating in a mix of content, small group discussion, and exercises, the workshop will cover:
- Shared terminology of racial equity concepts.
- The importance of leading with race when institutionalizing equity.
- The history of institutional and systemic racism in Oregon & the United States and how that. history still affects Black people, Indigenous people, and people of color.
- The basics of implicit bias and how our biases affect our decisions in the workplace.
- An introduction to the Racial Equity Toolkit for Restaurants.
This workshop is brought to you in partnership with Travel Oregon.