Workforce shortages continue to be cited by restaurant and lodging employers as the number one issue now facing businesses. Many industry partners say recruiting was tough even pre-pandemic and now the challenge is even greater. How can Oregon’s hospitality industry hope to address these ongoing shortages?
Join the Oregon Hospitality Foundation for a discussion with experts who will share both big picture strategies our industry could consider for building an employee pipeline, and shorter-term tools that are available to help support today’s workforce needs. Gain insight from a recent collaboration on the Oregon coast that elevates the acknowledgement of our industry’s economic contributions and will help align that region’s workforce board priorities to include hospitality employers’ needs.
- Wendy Popkin, Executive Director, Oregon Hospitality Foundation (facilitator)
- Todd Nell, Director, Workforce and Talent Development Board (WTDB)
- Heather DeSart, Executive Director, Northwest Oregon Works (NOW)
- Arica Sears, Deputy Director, Oregon Coast Visitors Association (OCVA)
- Ricqué Smith, Portland Metro Assistant Area Manager, WorkSource Oregon Regional Business Services, Oregon Employment Department