Questions asked at the session/s will be added to the grant programs FAQ page.
ABOUT THE GRANT PROGRAM:
Travel Oregon’s Competitive Grants are intended to contribute to the development and improvement of communities throughout the state by means of the enhancement, expansion, and promotion of the visitor industry.
Travel Oregon’s 10-Year Strategic Vision holds four objectives:
- Oregon’s tourism economy is flourishing.
- Oregon is striving to be a place of equity.
- Oregon delivers remarkable experiences.
- Oregon respects its natural environments.
Each of the interconnected objectives are supported by priority strategies to help bring Travel Oregon’s mission to life. The 2023-2025 Competitive Grants Program is designed to address the following strategic priorities that are part of Travel Oregon’s 2023-2025 Biennial Plan:
- Reduce high visitation pressures and increase community livability by investing in the development of niche tourism product that is based on growing visitor demand and Oregon’s competitive advantage (e.g., outdoor recreation, culinary, agritourism, arts and culture).
- Expand opportunities for residents and tourism stakeholders to actively engage and collaborate in destination management processes.
- Align and support communications across the tourism industry to improve visitor behaviors and experiences with timely information, responsible recreation practices and respect for all communities.
- Support the development of new and existing tourism-related facilities and products (e.g., visitor experiences, attractions, and public spaces) to better serve historically and currently underserved and under-resourced communities.
Moving in alignment with the objectives and strategic priorities, the 2023-2025 Competitive Grants Program will center funding around accessibility and inclusivity. Communities that are underserved and under-resourced, including people with disabilities, BIPOC, Oregon’s nine federally recognized tribes and LBGTQIA+ communities are encompassed in this focus. Grant funds are intended to support projects that align with Travel Oregon’s vision: Oregon is a welcoming destination where tourism drives economic prosperity, benefits the natural environment and celebrates rich, diverse cultures.
The Letter of Intent (LOI) phase of the application opened at 8 a.m. PST on July 13 and will be accepted until Aug. 18 at 5 p.m. PST.
Inquiries about the grants program can be made at any time, please email email@example.com.