Understanding International: IITA’s Steps to Success
Register for a regional workshop below.
Join Travel Oregon for the International Inbound Travel Association (IITA) Steps to Success, an international inbound training program that will provide you clear and achievable steps to obtain international business via the inbound travel trade. With an understanding on how to work with the travel trade, you can create new business partnerships while developing the necessary resources to bring international visitors to Oregon.
Whether you are new to the industry or a veteran of working with the travel trade, come update your knowledge and hear from industry peers about what is expected and vital for the return of international inbound travel.
Can’t make it to the full workshop but still interested in connecting with the industry? Join us for a pre- or post-workshop networking opportunity in collaboration with Oregon Tour and Travel Alliance (OTTA).
Register for a Regional Workshop
Understanding International: IITA’s Steps to Success Regional Workshop – Portland Region
Jan. 30, 2023
Understanding International: IITA’s Steps to Success Regional Workshop – Southern Oregon
Feb. 1, 2023
Understanding International: IITA’s Steps to Success Regional Workshop – Central Oregon
Feb. 1, 2023
BENEFITS OF WORKING IN THE INTERNATIONAL INBOUND MARKET:
- Inbound operators are based here in the U.S.
- International visitors stay longer, spend more and dive deeper into destinations.
- The ability to procure seasonal and off-peak business when you want and need it.
- The opportunity to provide repeat, consistent, long-term business.
- No entry barrier! You pay nothing to the travel trade until they book.
- Nothing to lose; everything to gain.
- Diversification; eggs in different basket; tour and travel always come back.
- High demand rates; min night stays; be low on restrictions.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- Attractions/Activities/Tour/Local Tour Guides: You are the reason visitors want to visit! Learn how to have your business booked in advance!
- Tourism Councils/CVBs/DMOs: Help your stakeholder tourism businesses achieve success because you understand what is important for them. In addition to attending yourself, encourage your stakeholders to learn along with you!
- Arts/Cultural Institutions/Historic Places: You are the essence of your destination highlighting the history and uniqueness! Working with the travel trade can add visitation, increase global awareness, and attract key markets.
- Accommodations: Are there key need periods or room types you want to sell? Develop relationships with select partners you can rely on for long-term repeat business.
- Dining/Breweries/Wineries: Every visitor must eat. Travel trade can bring you visitors for all three meal periods and during your off-peak periods. Individuals as well as groups have an opportunity here.
- Retail/Services: Shopping is the number activity for visitors globally. Learn to drive visitors to your retail space as a pre-made decision before they arrive while creating fun partner programs.
- Transportation: International visitors are more adventurous and willing to travel by all modes of transportation.
- Parks & Recreation: Visitors who arrive through the travel trade make pre-determined choices on where they will visit. These relationships can help push visitors into year-round periods and change visitor habits.
- Sports: You can see more bookings in advance and push harder to sell seats or time periods when you want to increase your ticket sales!
- Events/Festivals: Have partners who promote your events and festivals, fill the space, and assist you in having a successful event!