Travel Oregon has created a marketing toolkit for DMOs, businesses and other industry partners to leverage assets recently created as part of the Why Guides effort to promote our local guides and outfitters.
This toolkit provides marketing assets like videos and talking points as well as ideas for usage that help achieve the following program goals:
- Inspire and engage visitors about safety regulations and respect for communities and the outdoors.
- Strengthen destination management and sustainability efforts by investing in guided recreation and activities.
- Give visitors access to local experts and Oregon’s unique product.
- Directly market locally-owned industry businesses as viable contributors to the state’s economy.
Regional Destination Management Organizations (RDMOs) have been provided with a regional breakdown of the Why Guides registry to aid in their promotions. If you would like a copy, please reach out to your local RDMO.
The following resources are available for your use:
How can you use Why Guides creative?
- Share videos across your marketing channels to encourage visitors to use a local guide when exploring in and around your destination.
- When using stills or videos, link back to the Why Guides editorial content.
- Use Why Guides talking points when working with media (example)
- Create sales and info pieces to promote guides and operators with consumers or travel trade.
If you are looking for native, non-YouTube video files or have additional questions about this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.