The Oregon Restaurant & Lodging Association (ORLA) is a strategic partner, helping power and maintain lodging listings for TravelOregon.com and the annual, printed Travel Oregon Visitor Guide.
Any transient lodging property in Oregon that pays the statewide 1.5% lodging tax is eligible for a free basic listing in the printed guide and online at TravelOregon.com. Properties do not need to be a member of ORLA to take advantage of a free listing in the print guide and online, but they are required to update/verify property information to ensure their listing is accurate each year.
For more information on how to update your listing and to learn more about lodging listing opportunities, please visit OregonRLA.org/LodgingListings.
1.) Who qualifies for a listing?
Any transient lodging property in Oregon that pays Oregon’s statewide 1.5% lodging tax is eligible* for a free basic listing in the printed Travel Oregon visitor guide and online at TravelOregon.com.
* Please note we handle vacation rental management companies a bit differently.
2.) What is included in a basic listing?
- Property name
- Property type (hotel/motel, B&B, vacation rental, RV park, etc.)
- Up to 3 images (appears online only, not printed guide)
- 125-word description (appears online only, not printed guide)
3.) How do I get my property listed on TravelOregon.com and in the Travel Oregon Official Visitor Guide?
Properties are required to update/verify their existing listing or submit a new lodging listing to ORLA by December 8, 2023, for inclusion in the guide.
4.) What if my property isn’t listed on TravelOregon.com and/or was missing from the printed guide?
You will need to submit at Basic Listing Form to ORLA. Whether you have a new property or just haven’t been listed before, all you need to do is complete the form to get a listing.
5.) Do I really have to update my listing every year?
Yes. This ensures we have accurate information on your property. In an effort to maintain the most comprehensive listing of lodging properties in the state, ORLA conducts outreach to all lodging properties in Oregon each fall. Outreach includes direct mail as well as email campaigns to remind property owners to update their information. Visit OregonRLA.org/LodgingListings for more information.
6.) When does annual outreach happen?
Typically it begins in October and wraps up in early December.
7.) What happens if I don’t update?
If you miss the outreach deadline, your lodging property will not be included in the printed guide and will be removed from TravelOregon.com. However, we strongly encourage you to update, regardless of what time of year it is, to ensure your property is listed on TravelOregon.com.
8.) How do I update my listing?
- If you have an existing lodging listing on TravelOregon.com (e.g. you need to make a change or add photos), please contact ORLA at Listings@OregonRLA.org.
- If you have a new lodging property or currently not listed, please fill out and the Basic Listing Form. You can do this online, via fax or by mail.
- The deadline to verify or update your listing information for inclusion in the printed visitor guide is typically early December.
9.) Why doesn’t my listing have a description or photo on TravelOregon.com?
If there are no photos or description with your online listing, likely you have not provided those assets to us. Every lodging property in Oregon that qualifies for a free basic listing may submit up to 3 photos and a 125-word description to add to their online listing at any time by emailing Listings@OregonRLA.org. Members of ORLA receive an added benefit of an enhanced listing with the TrueTour platform for up to 20 images and video content at no extra charge.
10.) How do I become a member of ORLA?
To learn more about ORLA and the benefits of membership, please visit OregonRLA.org/Membership.
11.) How do I get a photo and description added to the Travel Oregon Official Visitor Guide?
Properties looking to strengthen their impact to visitors can purchase an expanded listing (considered display advertising) in the printed visitor guide. Advertisers benefit from statewide distribution and multi-market coverage with 300,000 copies printed and distributed year-round.
- Important Note: This display ad is not complimentary nor included with ORLA membership. To learn more about this opportunity, please read the Travel Oregon Ad Network PDF or contact Betsy Hand (BetsyH@Mediamerica.net or call 503.445.8830) to get started. Participation deadline is typically early to mid December.
12.) What do you mean you handle vacation rental management companies different?
Due to the sheer volume and transitory nature of vacation rentals, we only allow a limited number of listings for vacation rental management companies, to be determined on a case-by-case basis. Individual rental properties that are not part of a management company may request an individual listing.
13.) What if I still have questions?
Please reach out to ORLA at Listings@OregonRLA.org or 800.462.0619.