Travel Oregon is pleased to announce the opening of two matching grants program opportunities with a combined $358,000 of available funds.
The program makes awards to eligible applicants for projects that contribute to the development and improvement of the tourism economy in communities throughout the state in support of Travel Oregon’s mission of “a better life for Oregonians through strong, sustainable local economies.”
The 2017-2018 Competitive Small Grants opening cycle has $200,000 available for grant awards. Eligible projects may be awarded up to $20,000. Applicants must demonstrate at least a 10 percent cash match. Download the Competitive Small Grants Guidelines for specific eligibility requirements and to view the application questions.
An additional $158,000 will be administered through the Oregon Wine Country Plates Matching Grants Program that awards up to $50,000 for wine and culinary tourism initiatives. Applicants must demonstrate a 1-to-1 match with at least 50 percent of matching funds being cash. Download the Wine Country Plates Matching Grants Guidelines for specific eligibility requirements and to view the application questions.
- July 10, 2017 – Online application opens
- Aug. 9, 2017 (5 p.m.) – Online application closes
- Sept. 20, 2017 – Competitive Small Grants application status notification (work can officially begin)
- Sept. 29, 2017 (5 p.m.) – Competitive Small Grants signed contract due to Travel Oregon
- Oct. 4, 2017 – Oregon Wine Country Plates Grants application status notification (work can officially begin)
- Oct. 13, 2017 (5 p.m.) – Oregon Wine Country Plates Grants signed and contract due to Travel Oregon
If grant funds remain, both programs may reopen in the fall.
Additional details can be found at Industry.TravelOregon.com/Matching-Grants.
More than $1 million have been awarded through Travel Oregon’s matching grants program over the past nine years to 96 projects across the state.