These are unprecedented times. In the effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, today Governor Brown released an Executive Order “Stay Home, Save Lives.” This new policy orders Oregonians to stay in their homes whenever possible and includes stronger language around approved activities and business operations.
How you can act now:
- Share the communication materials that help inform the public around “Stay Home, Save Lives” to slow the spread of COVID-19. We are asking our partners around the state to use this messaging to share information on how Oregonians can stay safe and save lives. Please visit Travel Oregon’s industry toolkit to access the material and learn where to get translated messages from the Oregon Health Authority. Every morning new messages and social content will be uploaded; check back daily to find these new messages and material to share with your community
- Help us share your story. As Oregonians unite to slow the spread of COVID-19, it’s important to increase our lines of communication. Travel Oregon has created an online form to capture recent impacts on destinations and businesses. Please share your immediate needs, as well as any special promotions or inspirational stories happening during this challenging time. Complete the form and submit by March 27 to be included in upcoming content pieces and marketing and communication recovery efforts.
- Continue to support your local tourism businesses by buying gift certificates, planning a future trip, ordering takeout at restaurants, shopping from local businesses online and donating money. Encourage potential visitors to Oregon to do the same. Here are ways to support Oregon businesses right now.
- Urge Congress to fund stage three of the $2 trillion economic stimulus proposal as soon as possible. Oregon hotels, restaurants and attractions need this to help them recover when it is safe to invite guests back. These funds will help sustain impacted business and ensure their recovery is as robust and immediate as possible. US Travel provides tools and resources for how to engage with our Oregon congressional members.
Resources for Oregon Businesses:
- Travel Oregon COVID-19 toolkit– Consumer messaging and business resources
- Oregon Restaurant and Lodging Association-COVID-19 information and business resources
- Business Oregon-Business planning, counseling and general resources
- U.S. Small Business Administration– Small business guidance & loan resources
- Oregon Community Foundation-Support for nonprofits impacted by COVID-19
Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.