The new TravelOregon.com and the new Oregon Tourism Information System (OTIS) have launched. Two years in the making, the new website has 102 landing pages featuring 1,947 published stories and another 10,716 points of interest from OTIS. Formerly known as the Orb, OTIS is a collaborative platform used for sharing and maintaining Oregon’s tourism assets.
- More flexible region and city pages that allow us to shape the story for each place; e.g. Newport as a marine science hub or Eugene as TrackTown USA
- Integration of partner Instagram photos (e.g. Seaside)
- Ride Oregon Ride content now featured on the new cycling page
- The site was designed to be mobile first and our goal is to keep load times under four seconds
- OTIS features a new user interface with a simple, modern style and enhanced usability
OTIS brings together federal and state outdoor recreation data powered by Oregon State Parks and Recreation.gov.