Thanks to those of you who joined us in Bend May 13-14 for the 2019 Oregon Outdoor Recreation Summit. The summit brought together more than 330 outdoor recreation champions from around the state to make connections and be inspired to help advance outdoor recreation in Oregon. Following the summit, we asked participants for general feedback, including input related to future summits. We heard from 124 respondents who shared highline results below:
- People were satisfied: 94% of respondents were somewhat or very satisfied with the summit and more than half said the summit was very successful in meeting its goal of fostering stakeholder collaboration and building new connections in Oregon’s outdoor community, while inspiring action to ensure access to world-class outdoor recreation experiences for all.
- People want another summit: 95% of respondents said they would attend a future summit, ideally annually.
- Overall sentiments around experience and learnings included:
- Appreciation of the emphasis on inclusion and diversity
- Desire for more time for Q&A and discussion in the breakout sessions
- Desire for more organized structured networking events
We appreciate this community’s engagement in the summit and the feedback survey. More detailed survey findings are available online.