We are excited to announce the Oregon Wine Board (OWB) tasting room database is now powering Wine & Wineries listings in the Oregon Tourism Information System (OTIS).
Through this innovative content sharing partnership with the OWB, Travel Oregon and our partners benefited from 67 new tasting room listings being added to OTIS and another 364 updates to Wine & Winery listings. What’s more, OTIS will receive daily updates from OWB.
- The OWB works on behalf of all Oregon winemakers and winegrowers across the state and are experts in all things wine-related in Oregon.
- Moving to a single source for wine data streamlines the update process for our wine industry partners.
- Partners using OTIS benefit from wine listings being updated regularly by a trusted source, while simultaneously avoiding duplication of effort (i.e. create once, publish everywhere).
- OWB already collects and vets this information for their annual print guide and online tasting room tool.
- Because the OWB is the single source of wine listing updates in OTIS, any wine listing changes will need to be made in the OWB tasting room database.
- Currently, only the business can claim and update their listing in OWB system. If a change needs to be made, the business needs to login and make the change.
- If an urgent change is needed, and you aren’t sure how to get it fixed, please reach out to Kai McMurtry or OTIS@TravelOregon.com.
How you can help:
- Spread the word about this exciting change to your local tasting room partners.
- Remind businesses to visit the Tasting Room Toolkit to learn how to claim their listing.
- Let businesses know they can update their listing by logging into VisitOregonWine.org.
Still have questions?
Oregon Wine Board: Kai McMurtry, Assistant Manager, Consumer Marketing