May 19, 2020
Oregon’s Governor has provided an outline for slowly reopening many sectors in Oregon and most counties have applied to do so. Join this 45-minute webinar and Q&A to translate what Oregon’s phased approach to loosening stay at home restrictions means for reopening the outdoors to the public. Content will include detailed information about what is permitted in Phase 1 reopening and the implications to the tourism industry. Information will also be shared about potential pathways that would permit non-local recreationists.
- Cailin O-Brien-Feeney, Oregon Office of Outdoor Recreation
- Michelle Mitchell, U.S. Forest Service
- Aaron Curtis, Bureau of Land Management
- Clarify the current reality of Oregon’s Governor’s reopening phases as it relates to travel to the outdoors.
- Raise awareness of the current situation of public lands access/openings in Oregon.
- Share information on what it will take to open future lands and services within lands including public camping.
- Understand what the potential future path and timings will be to more fully open public lands.
Access the recording.
Tools & Resources: