John Day River Territory
John Day River Territory Tourism Vision
Find the John Day River Territory 15-Year Tourism Vision here!
The Rural Tourism Studio offers skill building, planning and product development workshops to bolster the tourism economy in this region.
2010 – 2011 Community Workshop Notes:
Jan 11 | Rural Tourism Studio Marketing
Additional Program Resources:
- John Day River Territory Community Success Stories
- Rural Tourism Studio Matching Grant Guidelines
- Rural Tourism Studio Matching Grant Idea Worksheet
- John Day River Territory Detailed Program Overview
- Gilliam County Strategic Action Plan for Economic Development, 2010
- Lower John Day Development Partnership Strategic Plan, 2007-2013
- Eastern Oregon Branding Strategy, 2010 Guidebook
- John Day River Territory October 2010 Baseline Assessment
- John Day River Territory 15-Year Tourism Vision
About the Video: The Communities Powered by Travel video series highlights participants in Oregon’s Rural Tourism Studio training program. This robust training program was designed to assist rural communities in sustainable tourism development. In its third entry, Travel Oregon, in collaboration with Write to Know Consulting and Maser Films, checked in with some of the community members of the vast John Day River Territory to see how the previously isolated 19 communities were able to join together under one common identity. This inspiring video documents the process and their successes.
Want more information about John Day River Territory?
If you have additional questions or comments about John Day River Territory, please contact the appropriate member of the Travel Oregon staff listed below.