Working for Travel Oregon is much more than a job.
It’s a passion for the state, an appreciation of the sometimes unpredictable, always spectacular place we call home. It’s a quirky sense of humor, the pursuit of a life less ordinary, an eternal quest for the next farm-to-table meal, powdery slope, coastal sunrise or cultural experience. But, above all it’s working to optimize the impact of tourism on the state’s economy by providing visitors with authentic, high-quality Oregon experiences.
Inspired by our Vision, Mission and Values, our team delivers unequaled tourism expertise to the entire state and tells Oregon’s story to the world while ensuring the preservation of Oregon’s way of life and its natural places. Travel Oregon’s workplace culture is a big part of what makes us effective in fulfilling our mission. We are driven and passionate about the work we do, so we want to make doing that work even more rewarding.
Tourism Research Manager
Location: Portland, Oregon
- Develop tourism research projects that provide clear and meaningful resident, visitor, and industry insights utilizing qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Determine research project strategy, methodology, and strategic collaborations
- Lead and manage research projects
- Develop surveys that collect and provide clear and meaningful consumer and industry insights
- Develop conceptual and quantitative modeling techniques to test research hypothesis and understand the correlation and causal interactions between different tourism concepts
- Provide in-depth data analysis and strategic recommendations based on findings from survey results
- Understand and verify Oregon’s tourism economic impact calculations and direct the development of related reports
- Organize research data to allow for comparability and direct access for stakeholders
- Develop interactive tools to highlight and share findings
- Identify and develop training programs to educate industry partners on tourism research concepts
- Assess the short-term and long-term impacts of advertising campaigns
- Lead the development of an accurate revenue forecasting model to inform budget setting
The position is full-time (40+ hours per week).
If interested, please mail resume to:
Oregon Tourism Commission (dba Travel Oregon)
Attn: Human Resources
319 SW Washington St., Suite 700
Portland, OR 97204