Sustainable Business Challenge
Join Travel Oregon’s Sustainable Travel Network: Take the Sustainable Business Challenge!
Is your company committed to environmentally sustainable and socially responsible practices? If so, you can bring special attention to your efforts by participating in Travel Oregon’s Sustainable Business Challenge and become part of the Travel Oregon Forever network – a highly esteemed network of pioneering companies and destinations working to make Oregon a better place to live and visit.
What is the Sustainable Business Challenge
It’s a recognition program for businesses that offer services or experiences to visitors. The program is designed to quantify and qualify the commitment Oregon’s tourism and hospitality businesses are making to environmentally and socially responsible practices.
How Your Businesses can Participate
- Complete Travel Oregon’s self-assessment, documenting your sustainability practices; or
- Demonstrate that you have a current second- or third-party verified certification by an accredited certification program recognized by Travel Oregon (view list)
Why Your Business Should Participate
By sharing your company’s sustainability practices, you will demonstrate your commitment to improve community and environmental health – a powerful statement that will resonate with your customers. Additionally, when your company completes the Sustainable Business Challenge it will receive:
- Print and digital collateral to market the program and engage consumers
- A hand-crafted wooden Travel Oregon Forever award, window clings and stickers
- Prioritized business listings on TravelOregon.com with a Travel Oregon Forever designation for businesses that are qualified according to Travel Oregon’s Business Listing Guidelines*
- Recognition in the official Travel Oregon Visitor Guide with annual print distribution of 300,000
- Inclusion in sustainable-travel itineraries and stories shared with consumers, industry partners and travel media, when applicable
Who Can Participate
All tourism related operations that offer services to visitors are eligible, including:
- Lodging properties
- Guides and outfitters
- Tour operators
- Restaurants/eating establishments
- Golf courses
- Transportation companies
- Visitors information centers
- Entities offering an educational, cultural, historical or recreational experience
*Please note, while all Oregon businesses are welcome to participate in this program, not all businesses recognized will be listed on our websites. Any Oregon business can become recognized in the Travel Oregon Forever Network, but only tourism-focused businesses that fall in line with Travel Oregon’s Business Listing Guidelines can be listed on TravelOregon.com. For lodging businesses, we also require that you have a basic free Oregon Restaurant and Lodging (ORLA) listing. If you are not a member, please fill out an the following application and submit to JStarr@OregonRLA.org.
Sustainable Business Challenge In Oregon
Thank you for your interest in the Sustainable Business Challenge. Please complete the application.
These Oregon businesses are taking sustainability seriously. We encourage you to patronize these businesses and talk to them about how…
Travel Oregon recognizes the following sustainable certification programs for inclusion in the Sustainable Business Challenge: Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program for…
How much does it cost to participate? The Sustainable Business Challenge is free! What sort of marketing benefits can be…
Want more information about Sustainable Business Challenge?
If you have additional questions or comments about Sustainable Business Challenge, please contact the appropriate member of the Travel Oregon staff listed below.