We Like it Here Campaign
Travel Oregon, has welcomed spring by introducing its latest Oregon spokesperson, the Travel Oregon Salmon. Born and bred a chinook salmon – Oregon’s state fish – the Travel Oregon Salmon will bring a unique perspective to the We Like it Here. You Might Too campaign in a quirky, only-in-Oregon way. Travel Oregon invites viewers to follow the salmon’s journey around Oregon through 360-degree videos and online content.
The 360-video Experience
The Travel Oregon Salmon will appear in five 360-videos representing a variety of activities throughout the state. For more information, visit TravelOregon.com/Salmon360.
What YOU can do:
Share the 360 videos across your marketing channels to promote and share the unique destinations and experiences that Oregon offers.
Introduce the Travel Oregon Salmon with this copy:
“Oregon now comes with its very own robot salmon tour guide, and he wants to show you around.”
Be sure to link to : traveloregon.com/salmon360
Learn How to share 360 videos on Facebook
Learn how to embed the 360 videos from YouTube
Video Launch Dates
Dune Riding – April 26
Fly Fishing – May 3
Wine Tasting – May 10
Bike Riding – May 17
Stargazing – May 24
Social Media & Content
Travel Oregon will be sharing articles on our social channels that support and provide more context to the activities in the 360 videos. Share these (as well as your own supporting content) to your followers and give travelers more opportunities to dive deeper into the activities they’ll be introduced to through our salmon.
We are currently in phase 2 of our Spring campaign
Additional ways YOU can leverage the campaign:
- Take a look at the Spring 2017 media plan to see where you can leverage Travel Oregon’s media placement as you advance your own advertising plans
- Review the Spring 2017 social media plan (connect with Mark@TravelOregon.com for assets to share on your social channels)
- Download the Spring 2017 PR plan to see what proactive pitches are on the docket and where your region can take advantage
- Get to know the brand by reviewing the style guide. In this guide you will find imagery, editorial copy, and logos that industry partners can use to leverage the campaign. Please contact Mark Senffner for specific creative assets.
- Get ideas! See how different communities in Oregon are promoting this campaign
Take Advantage of These Resources:
- Add or update your free listing on TravelOregon.com (include a photo, if possible)
- Sign up to join our Industry newsletter for campaign updates (see sidebar on the left of this page) or send an email to Industry@TravelOregon.com
- Consider participating in Travel Oregon’s 2017 Ad Network
- Take advantage of Travel Oregon’s Online Leads (TOOL)
Want more information about We Like it Here Campaign?
If you have additional questions or comments about We Like it Here Campaign, please contact the appropriate member of the Travel Oregon staff listed below.