On March 3, Travel Oregon, Oregon Outfitter & Guide Association, Adventure Travel Trade Association and Oregon’s professional tour operators, guides and outfitters (TOGOs) hosted an online forum: “Successfully Manage Finances & Build Profit.”
This workshop will help increase awareness of business management skills. Intended key learnings include:
- Financial practices to develop strong business procedures.
- Pricing your products to drive sales.
- Managing revenue and costs.
- Product add-ons and training guides to sell them.
- COVID-19 impacts on revenue and profit.
Presenter, Russell Walters, Adventure Travel Trade Association’s North America’s Region Director has 30 years of experience working with small businesses in the recreation and outfitting sector. This workshop will help participants gain a stronger grasp on financial planning and projections. Participants will walk away with practical tools to advance their businesses.
Tools & Resources:
- Sample Tour Pricing Worksheet
- Sample Cash Flow Worksheet
- Financial Strategies & Tactics for Adventure Travel Businesses During Economic Uncertainty Report
- Financial Strategies & Tactics for Adventure Travel Businesses During Economic Uncertainty Slides
- 4 Regular Financial Strategies to Keep You in the Black Article
This event is part of the Tour Operator, Guide & Outfitter Online Forum Series.
In conjunction with the Tour Operator, Guide & Outfitter Series, Travel Oregon has also offered recent trainings through the Small Business Marketing Series that includes many topics applicable to TOGO businesses. Visit Travel Oregon’s industry website to learn more and view recordings of past events.