This program requires a letter of intent to be submitted and approved prior to accessing the online application. The letter of intent form is available from 8 a.m. on July 13, 2023 until 5 p.m. on Aug. 18, 2023. Online applications are due at 5 p.m. on Sept. 15, 2023.
The 2023-2025 Competitive Grants Program is designed to address the following strategic priorities that are part of Travel Oregon’s 2023-2025 Biennial Plan:
- Reduce high visitation pressures and increase community livability by investing in the development of niche tourism product that is based on growing visitor demand and Oregon’s competitive advantage (e.g., outdoor recreation, culinary, agritourism, arts and culture).
- Expand opportunities for residents and tourism stakeholders to actively engage and collaborate in destination management processes.
- Align and support communications across the tourism industry to improve visitor behaviors and experiences with timely information, responsible recreation practices and respect for all communities.
- Support the development of new and existing tourism-related facilities and products (e.g., visitor experiences, attractions, and public spaces) to better serve historically and currently underserved and under-resourced communities.
Moving in alignment with the objectives and strategic priorities, the 2023-2025 Competitive Grants Program will center funding around accessibility and inclusivity. Communities that are underserved and under-resourced, including people with disabilities, BIPOC, Oregon’s nine federally recognized tribes and LBGTQIA+ communities are encompassed in this focus. Grant funds are intended to support projects that align with Travel Oregon’s vision: Oregon is a welcoming destination where tourism drives economic prosperity, benefits the natural environment and celebrates rich, diverse cultures.
Eligible applicants include those listed below that are doing business in Oregon and must be able to demonstrate direct work in support of improving the economic impacts of Oregon’s travel and tourism industry:
- Local government
- Port Districts
- Federally-recognized tribes
- Non-profit entities registered with the Oregon Secretary of State’s Office
If you are uncertain if you meet the eligible applicant criteria, reach out to Travel Oregon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 971-352-6719.
To Get Started
Review the complete 2023-2025 Travel Oregon Competitive Grants Guidelines available on the Application Documents page.
- July 12, 2023 – Grant Guidelines available online.
- July 13, 2023 (8 a.m. PDT) – Letter of intent form available online.
- Aug. 18, 2023 (5 p.m. PDT) – Deadline to submit letter of intent form.
- NOTE: Review of letters of intent is based on the order received from July 13-Aug. 18 and may take up to 14 days for a response. The letter of intent must be approved to access the online application.
- Sept. 15, 2023 (5 p.m. PDT) – Online application closes.
- Nov. 15, 2023 – Application status notification.
- Aug. 15, 2024 – Mid-Project Report due (includes updated project status and current budget).
- Apr. 14, 2025 – Project completion deadline (grant funds spent).
- Apr. 30, 2025 – Accomplishment Report due (includes final budget and proof of spending).