COVID-19 Emergency Response Grant Program
The application process is now closed. The application process was open May 11 to May 15.
In an effort to support entities that have direct ties to driving overnight visitation, Travel Oregon established a COVID-19 Emergency Response Grant Program in spring of 2020. Funds were awarded to businesses across the state in June 2020.
COVID-19 Emergency Response applications may be used for general operating support with the goal of maintaining jobs. Total funding available is $800,000. One-time grant requests may be up to $10,000 depending on applicant and 2019 budget. The anticipated award range will be from $2,500-$10,000 per applicant. No cash match is required. Projects must be completed by December 31, 2020. One application will be accepted per eligible entity.
Eligible applicants include those listed below that are currently doing business in Oregon, have been conducting business for the past five years and can demonstrate direct work in support of improving the economic impacts of Oregon’s travel and tourism industry:
- Oregon lodging properties with 25 or fewer full-time employees on January 31, 2020.
- Oregon-based tour operators, guides and outfitters with a budget greater than $100,000 in 2019 and carrying worker’s compensation insurance; and can demonstrate working partnership referrals or bookings of lodging packages at properties such as hotels, motels, BnB’s and resorts.
- Oregon Destination Marketing/Management Organizations.
- Federally recognized tribes, including tribally owned enterprises and tribal member owned businesses that directly support the travel and tourism industry.
Funds may be used to: Support business continuity expenses, including but not limited to, wages, business licensing/permitting, commercial insurance, business fleet maintenance, lease or mortgage payments.
- Preference will be given to applicants from communities with a population of fewer than 35,000 residents.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have NOT received funding through an Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) or Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
To Get Started
Review the complete Travel Oregon COVID-19 Emergency Response Grant Guidelines available on the Application Documents page.
- May 7, 2020 – Program announced
- May 11, 2020 (8 a.m.) – Online application opens
- May 15, 2020 (5 p.m.) – Online application closes
- June 3, 2020 – COVID-19 Emergency Response Grant Application status notification
- December 31, 2020 – Project completion deadline (grant funds spent)