Oregon Wine Country License Plates Matching Grant Program
Since 2015, Travel Oregon has administered a program to make grant awards available to “tourism promotion agencies” for projects that promote wine and culinary tourism.
Funding for this matching grant program comes from a portion of sales of the Oregon Wine Country license plate. Since the program’s inception in 2015, more than $1.1 million has been awarded to support 59 wine and culinary tourism promotion projects.
Grant Guidelines are Available and Applications Open Feb. 13 for 2023-2024
Applications will be accepted from Feb. 13-Mar. 13, 2023. Grant recipients will be announced on May 11, 2023.2023-2024 Oregon Wine Country License Plates Matching Grant Program
Eligible applicants for funding are limited to “Tourism Promotion Agencies” in Oregon.
ORS 320.300 defines “Tourism Promotion Agency” as:
- An incorporated nonprofit organization or governmental unit responsible for the tourism promotion of a destination on a year-round basis.
- A nonprofit entity that manages tourism-related economic development programs and projects.
- A regional or statewide association that represents entities that rely on tourism-related business for more than 50% of their total income.
Eligible projects or initiatives must provide for the improvement or expansion of the tourism economy in Oregon. Projects must promote wine and/or culinary tourism.
“Tourism promotion” is defined as:
- Advertising, publicizing or distributing information for the purpose of attracting and welcoming visitors.
- Conducting strategic planning and research necessary to stimulate future tourism development.
- Operating tourism promotion agencies (specific to wine and culinary tourism efforts).
- Marketing special events and festivals designed to attract visitors.
Interested in Learning More?
- Read more about the approved 2021-2022 grant projects
- Read more about the approved 2020-2021 grant projects
- Read more about the approved 2019-2020 grant projects
- Read more about the approved 2018-2019 grant projects
- Read more about the approved 2017-2018 grant projects
- Read more about the approved 2015-2016 grant projects
Read the full text of the Wine Country License Plates program rules as they are currently written in state law.