Give the Gift of Oregon is a holiday campaign to inspire Oregonians to shop at local businesses this holiday season. The campaign will run from Nov. 18 – Dec. 31 and has the following primary objective:
Promote Oregon small businesses, encouraging Oregonians to buy local gifts this holiday season. This includes takeout and gift cards from restaurants, lodging gift cards for future trips, Oregon-made products from small retailers and Oregon’s bounty including food, wine, spirits, beer and coffee.
Travel Oregon is collaborating with Business Oregon and regional partners to ensure Give the Gift of Oregon extends statewide. There are many “buy local’” campaigns happening throughout Oregon, and this statewide promotion will highlight many of these during the season on social media with the #GivetheGiftofOregon hashtag.
Industry partners and businesses that choose to participate will be asked to engage on key dates and share the promotion through their consumer channels. Travel Oregon and Regional Destination Management Organizations (RDMOs) will support local businesses and local holiday campaigns through promotion in paid and owned channels.
How Industry Partners and Businesses Can Support the Campaign
- Have a plan for consumer outreach using “give the gift” key messages and assets below
- Social Media
- Connect with your RDMO and association (Oregon Wine Board, Brewers Guild, etc.):
- Share deals or unique shopping opportunities
- Amplify regional and association messages
- If you don’t know your RDMO, please look it up here.
In the Nov. 18 – Dec. 31 campaign window, there are three “key” dates listed below in bold where we ask that all partners, communities, and businesses push the same message on, or before, the targeted dates to elevate and bring awareness to the campaign.
- Nov. 18 – Governor’s Press Release
- Nov. 19-22 Built Oregon Days
- Nov. 26 – Thanksgiving
- Nov. 27 – Industry send note “Have a plan for small business Saturday”
- Nov. 28 – Small Business Saturday
- Dec. 9 – Industry Newsletter Distribution
- Dec. 18 – Industry Newsletter Distribution (week before Christmas)