Give the Gift of Oregon is a holiday campaign to inspire Oregonians to shop at local businesses this holiday season. The campaign runs from Nov. 21 – Dec. 31 and has the following primary objective:
Promote Oregon small businesses, encouraging Oregonians to buy local gifts this holiday season. This includes gift cards from restaurants, lodging gift cards, gift cards for guided tours, Oregon-made products from small retailers and Oregon’s bounty including food, wine, spirits, beer and coffee.
The campaign includes a series of stories highlighting places to shop locally in each of the seven tourism regions:
Travel Oregon is collaborating with regional partners to ensure Give the Gift of Oregon extends statewide. There are many “buy local’” campaigns happening throughout Oregon, and this statewide promotion will highlight many of these during the season on social media with the #GivetheGiftofOregon hashtag.
Industry partners and businesses that choose to participate will be asked to engage on key dates and share the promotion through their consumer channels. Travel Oregon and Regional Destination Management Organizations (RDMOs) will support local businesses and local holiday campaigns through promotion in paid and owned channels.
- Give the Gift of Oregon on https://traveloregon.com/things-to-do/give-the-gift-of-oregon/.
How Industry Partners and Businesses Can Support the Campaign
- Have a plan for consumer outreach using “give the gift” key messages and assets below
- Social Media
- Connect with your RDMO and association (Oregon Wine Board, Brewers Guild, etc.):
- Share deals or unique shopping opportunities
- Amplify regional and association messages
- If you don’t know your RDMO, please look it up here.
For the remainder of the campaign, the following key dates listed below in bold are where we ask that all partners, communities and businesses push the same message on, or before, the targeted dates to elevate and bring awareness to the campaign.
- Dec. 6 – Industry Newsletter Distribution
- Dec. 20 – Industry Newsletter Distribution (week before Christmas)