Outdoor Industry Standards & Best Practice
In this section you will learn about how to leverage industry standards and best practice to make your business more effective.
Certifications can show your customers you are committed to certain standard of quality. Not only is it a marketing tool to attract the right target demographic, in some cases not having them can be a deal breaker. For example, to obtain permits to operate on public land, you will be required to have appropriate certifications for the activities you are offering.
Associations can introduce you to a whole new network to build relationships and gain insight. The list below includes recommended associations to share industry research, attend networking events, and create new partnerships:
- Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA)
- Oregon Outfitters and Guides Association
- America Outdoors Association
- Activity specific associations:
Quality and Performance Standards can guide your business on its growth trajectory. The list below includes recommended quality and performance standards:
- International Adventure Travel Guide Qualification and Performance Standard
- Global Sustainable Tourism Council Industry Criteria for Hotels and Tour Operators