South Willamette Valley Tourism Experience Studio
The South Willamette Valley Culinary & Agritourism Studio was developed in response to the destination's desire to develop high quality culinary and agritourism based on regional assets.
The South Willamette Valley Studio focused on communities in the south Willamette Valley, including Junction City and Eugene.
Attendees of the South Willamette Valley Tourism Studio identified the development of an Oregon Food Trail as a priority action project for the destination. Initial project work on the South Willamette Valley began with the desire to build upon the existing efforts of local farms, ranches and businesses to increase agritourism in the area. Learn more about the South Willamette Valley Food Trail, here.
South Willamette Valley Culinary & Agritourism Studio Key Outcomes:
- 42 local tourism stakeholders and residents participated in a two-day workshop March 6-7, 2018 in Junction City and Eugene. Workshop topics included Local Asset Identification, Culinary and Agritourism, Market Development, Statewide and Regional Resources and Destination Building. Workshop notes, presentations, outreach materials and other resources can be viewed on the South Willamette Valley Culinary and Agritourism Studio Resources page.
- The South Willamette Valley community received a $5,000 Tourism Studio Matching Grant from Travel Oregon to develop the South Willamette Valley Food Trail in Oct. 2018.
- In 2018, the South Willamette Valley community received funding from Travel Oregon and the Willamette Valley Visitors Association to support a 2-day destination photo shoot.
- The South Willamette Valley community partnered with Travel Oregon to publish the Treasures of the South Willamette Valley trip idea on traveloregon.com in Aug. 2018.
- The South Willamette Valley Food Trail launched at the Oregon Governor’s Conference on Tourism in April 2019.
- The release of a South Willamette Valley Food Trail landing page on traveloregon.com in April 2019.
- The steering committee supported the development of a landing page on the Eugene Cascades & Coast website for the program.
For more information about the South Willamette Valley Culinary and Agritourism Studio contact Natalie Inouye at Travel Lane County.
Tourism Experience Studios
Workshops that help communities determine how to develop and market specific tourism projects
Travel Oregon offers Experience Studios focused on bicycle tourism, culinary and agritourism, outdoor recreation, river recreation and cultural heritage.