Travel Oregon endeavors to make Oregon a premier cycling destination.
Oregon is well on its way to that goal thanks to our incredibly bike-friendly cities, scenic rural roads, world-class mountain bike single-track and fondness for two-wheeled travelers. Oregon’s robust and growing bicycle economy is something communities across the state can embrace and build off of for years to come.
Travel Oregon has many programs and resources to assist with the development of cycling tourism, including:
- Development of RideOregonRide.com, promoting bicycling in Oregon
- Development of the Bike Friendly Business program
- Facilitation of the Oregon Bicycle Tourism Partnership
- Development of Oregon Scenic Bikeways
- Delivery of Bicycle Tourism Studios to foster development of bike infrastructure, business services, and promotions in a community or region
- Access the Bikes Mean Business handout
- Conducting and compiling research to better understand the bicycle traveler
- Founding partner in the Oregon Active Transportation Summit, which aims to promote alternate forms of transportation
Communities Powered by Tourism
The Communities Powered by Travel video series highlights participants in Oregon's Rural Tourism Studio training program. This inspiring video highlights three success stories: TREO Ranches and Bike Tours, the Old West Scenic Bikeway and First City Cycles.
Watch the Video