Why Guides Registration
Fall 2022 registration now open to new registrants.
If you’re new to Why Guides, please complete the registration form. If you have previously completed the Why Guides registration, you will receive a separate email with an opportunity to update your registration information.
Travel Oregon’s Why Guides program is an agency-wide effort to recognize and promote tourism industry operators, guides and outfitters as one of the state’s top tourism assets. This community is made up of local experts who help travelers discover unique experiences, follow destination management principles and provide land stewardship throughout the state, creating a memorable and sustainable experiences for visitors.
In 2021, the Why Guides program saw 76 tour operators, guides and outfitters receive priority marketing and promotion in the U.S. and around the globe through thoughtful promotions, ad campaigns, news segments, sales collateral, tradeshows and media events.
Check Out the Why Guides Toolkit to Learn More
Travel Oregon has created a marketing toolkit for DMOs, businesses and other industry partners to leverage assets recently created as part of the Why Guides effort to promote our local guides and outfitters.Why Guides Toolkit
Participation in the Why Guides registry will allow us to showcase your business across Travel Oregon marketing, promotion and media efforts such as:
- Newsletter and website stories.
- Local news segments.
- Social media promotion.
- Media pitches.
- Industry Spotlight features.
- Inclusion in photo and video assets.
- Domestic and international trade and consumer sales promotions.
- Participation in future familiarization tours for trade and/or media.
While specific promotions are not guaranteed, your participation in the Why Guides registry will help us tell the story of why guides will be one of the most memorable and sustainable experiences of a visitor’s trip to Oregon.
- Inspire and engage visitors about safety regulations and respect communities/the outdoors.
- Strengthen destination management efforts by investing in tour guides, operators and outfitters.
- Give visitors access to local experts and Oregon’s unique product.
- Directly market small, locally owned industry businesses as viable contributors to the state’s economy.
There are four requirements for joining the Why Guides registry:
- You are an Oregon-based tour operator, guide or outfitter business selling experiences in Oregon.
- You are have obtained all current and necessary permits and insurance.
- You have claimed or are in the process of claiming your Google Business Profile (GBP) and signed up for Travel Oregon’s Locl Program.
- You acknowledge Oregon Health Authority’s COVID best-practices.
If you meet all of the requirement, please complete the registration form. Thank you for taking the time to join the registry.