Travel to and throughout Oregon represents an important component of the state’s economy and participation in bicycling activities plays a significant role in terms of trip motivation, destination choice, and the associated travel expenditures. This report, prepared for Travel Oregon by Dean Runyan Associates, describes the economic significance of bicycle-related travel throughout Oregon, documenting the magnitude and distribution of economic impacts to the state and its residents.
Research details were highlighted in the following articles:
- 12/13/14, The Star Online, “Middle-Aged-Men-In-Lycra (MAMILs) are travelling by bike to their next stop”
- 5/8/13, OregonLive.com, “Bicycling contributes $400 million to Oregon tourism, new survey says”
- 5/9/13, KGW.com, “Talk Box: Bike tourism in Oregon”
- 5/9/13, BikePortland.org, “’Scenic Bikeways’ help power Oregon bike tourism to $400 million annual impact”
- 5/9/13, OPB, “Survey: Cyclists contribute $400 million to Oregon economy”