Supporting strategic partnerships and industry-facing DEI work
July 22, 2020
Travel Oregon has hired an expert to identify areas of opportunity to advance social justice and equity in the workplace, and pivot our current diversity, equity and inclusion strategies. We have also revised our strategic plan to prioritize and integrate DEI into all operations and programming so that we can, alongside our partners, work to make Oregon a more welcoming destination.
Some of this work includes:
- Committing to educate ourselves, ask questions and seek different perspectives in our workplace and programs.
- Engaging the tourism industry community in awareness-building and best practices.
- Working with regional partners on growing diverse voices at the table in our strategic and creative planning to reach more diverse audiences.
- Expanding our network of Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) content contributors to enhance robust story telling via marketing platforms.
- Prioritizing opportunities to utilize BIPOC-owned businesses, from internal contracting and procurement, to consumer-facing channels.
To support industry-facing DEI work, Travel Oregon and ORLA hosted a diversity, equity and inclusion webinar presented at the Oregon Tourism Leadership Academy.
Access the recording.