Welcome to Oregon Again Toolkit
In consultation with the Governor’s Office we plan to launch the Welcome To Oregon Again (WTOA) advertising campaign on June 1. The campaign is scheduled to run June 1–July 25 with a pause leading up the 4th of July holiday. During the pause all messaging will focus on responsible recreation and safe travel.
Building back statewide demand isn’t a done with the flip of a switch or the launch of an ad campaign. It will take time and we’re excited to take this significant step. Please join us in this momentous return to inspirational marketing by reviewing and leveraging our paid media plan and sharing and extending content. The role of our advertising is to inspire a reaction from consumers in the form of seeking more information, whether that be traveloregon.com, our social channels, 1-800 #, or Welcome Centers where we will continue to focus on our core messages of:
- Safe Travel: Note that we are updating all safe travel information to include that you should be vaccinated to travel to protect yourself, your community and the community you are visiting.
- Responsible Recreation.
- Business Resiliency.
The following resources are available for your use:
- Banners in English
- Banners in Spanish
What you can do with the new creative:
1. Share the videos across your marketing channels to encourage travel in and around your region:
- Hero video (30 sec.)
- Coast (6 sec.)
- Mt. Hood (6 sec.)
- Eastern Oregon (6 sec.)
- Wallowa Lake (6 sec.)
- Portland (15 sec.)
- Painted Hills (15 sec.)
- Crater Lake (15 sec.)
2. Take a look at the media kit to see where and how you can leverage Travel Oregon’s placement in key markets.
3. When using still images, banner ads, video or copy, link back to traveloregon.com/welcome.
Ways to leverage:
- Tie back to content and videos with “Welcome to XYZ (insert tourism partner name), Again.”
- Highlight safe travel, responsible recreation and local business support throughout the summer season.
- Send your ideas on how to strengthen the impact of this campaign to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oregon’s tourism industry is strongest when we work together, thank you for any support and please reach out if we can provide a custom asset.