The Oregon Tourism Information System, or OTIS, is a collaborative platform used for sharing and maintaining Oregon's tourism assets.
OTIS is the central hub for maintaining points of interest like attractions, trails, parks, museums and events. Tourism partners can create and edit listing information in the platform. OTIS is powered by open-source software that allows tourism partners to push their updates to the database and then pull them into their own website leveraging the free OTIS API. OTIS unifies the efforts of the tourism industry and helps to streamline content management and communications.
Key Features of OTIS:
- A simple, modern visual style and enhanced usability
- A complete restructure of the data from the previous database
- A robust and filterable search and export
- Users can easily relate of one listing to another
- Centralized messaging within the platform
- Enhanced account and profile management
- Optimized page load and data retrieval
- A free, open-source API